- What Is A Merchant Account?
- The rate for the merchants is quite high…
- How Many Websites Can I Link To My Merchant Account?
- How Much Do I Need To Process Each Month To Maintain My Account?
- What Is The Maximum Dollar Amount I Can Process In One Transaction?
- Do Free Merchant Accounts With No Charges Actually Exist?
- What acquiring banks do you work with?
- Why is this 3ds mid? We are not a high-risk business.
- Where from ( what country ) settlements will be coming and in what currency? we can accept only euros as we are in the EU.
- We have an aggregated bank account , will it be ok for settlements?
- Do we support 3ds or not? And if not supported, do we get notified on such cases?
- Environment details- for Developer, Integration documents.
- How many transactions are allowed daily, weekly, and monthly? Also, is that limited only per client’s card or per mail also?
- Are you connected to any cashier system ?
- Do you have a list of decline responses, explanations and solutions for them?
- * Transaction was declined due to a single email more than your one day limit.
- Which currencies can clients use?
What Is A Merchant Account? #
A merchant account is a special type of bank account used by a merchant or business necessary for them to process credit and debit card transactions in a variety of ways: Online, over the phone or through the mail. A merchant account operates under an agreement between the merchant, the payment processor or independent sales organization (ISO) and acquiring bank in settling credit or debit card transactions.
What is Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) #
MDR is a fee charged from a merchant by a bank for accepting payments from customers through credit and debit cards in their establishments.
The rate for the merchants is quite high… #
I understand that it may be quite high, but the points that are important to note is that our service that we provide to not only well-established businesses but are able to place start-ups as well. We have a turnaround of 48-72 hours AND We are non-binding; you can give us a try and if you are not happy you can give us a 30-day notice to terminate the contract.
How Many Websites Can I Link To My Merchant Account? #
As long as the websites pertain to the same industry and your account manager approves the additional websites, you can link as many websites to your merchant account as you wish. However, if the industry is significantly different from the originally approved website, you cannot use your merchant account to process credit cards for that site.
How Much Do I Need To Process Each Month To Maintain My Account? #
This depends on your industry type. Instabill’s banking partners that provide merchant accounts like to see processing volumes of at least $5,000 USD per month, but each industry has different standards.
What Is The Maximum Dollar Amount I Can Process In One Transaction? #
The maximum dollar amount on each transaction is determined by your acquiring bank. Many banks have a $1,000 to $3,000 limit while others may not have any restrictions at all.
Do Free Merchant Accounts With No Charges Actually Exist? #
Free merchant accounts are a deceptive marketing ploy or a straight out scam. Most advertisements for free merchant accounts typically entail a free application and no setup fees. However, you will still have to pay processing fees, including a fixed transaction fee and discount rate, and monthly service fees, including payment gateway access fees and statement fees.
What acquiring banks do you work with? #
We cannot disclose our partners due to not having an NDA established and as a matter of practice, but for sure we have multiple banks that we work with and have established long term relationships with them to be able to accommodate your merchants. Our acquiring banks are based in the US, Africa, EU.
Why is this 3ds mid? We are not a high-risk business. #
We prefer to work as a 3D gateway considering we deal with High risk merchants and to avoid CB’s.
Where from ( what country ) settlements will be coming and in what currency? we can accept only euros as we are in the EU. #
Yes we support Euros and settlements come either from Europe, UK or Africa.
We have an aggregated bank account , will it be ok for settlements? #
Do we support 3ds or not? And if not supported, do we get notified on such cases? #
We support 3Ds enrolled cards only.
Environment details- for Developer, Integration documents. #
This will be shared with you once your account is approved.
How many transactions are allowed daily, weekly, and monthly? Also, is that limited only per client’s card or per mail also? #
- 3 per day
- 3 per week
- 6 per month for both email and card
- 3 transactions in total, counting both successful and unsuccessful attempts.
- The maximum amount per transaction is 3000
- These transactions limits can be increased upon request within 7 days of live transactions
Are you connected to any cashier system ? #
Yes , we are connected to praxis , bridgerpay…. and many more.
Do you have a list of decline responses, explanations and solutions for them? #
- *Transaction Failed-Cardholder verification failed
- The card should be enrolled for the 3Ds
- Please ensure that customer’s address(country) should match with the country of the card issuing the IP address should match
- *FAILURE-DECLINED (Do not honour)
- *FAILURE-DECLINED (Banks Do not honour)
- Do not honour means The customer’s card does not allow the transaction that is being
- Recommended action: The customer should contact their issuing bank to get permission for the transaction. Once the issuing bank has confirmed they will authorize the transaction, process the transaction
- If the OTP code is added late then the transaction is
* Transaction was declined due to a single email more than your one day limit. #
Please check below attempts limit per email/card on the transaction.
- Max 3 Transactions per card/email in a day (last 24 hours)
- Max 3 Transactions per card/email in a week (last 7 days)
- Max 6 Transactions per card/email in a month (last 30 days)
Which currencies can clients use? #
Yes, the three main currencies settled in are GBP, Euros and USD. All others can be accommodated but come with the daily conversion fee of that day.